Friday, June 26, 2009

Rev. Joseph John Rickert, Peruvian Missionary

I've been up to my eyeballs in Rickerts lately. I've ascertained that Loretta did, in fact, marry a Joseph Rickert, and that all the Rickerts who were in plays and choruses with them were, in fact, his siblings. I'm sure I should show you those censuses, first, and I will get around to it, I promise, but first, this is really cool. I hope it's legible. It's a short article, a blurb, really, printed in 1946 and complete with picture, about Loretta and Joseph's oldest son, Joseph John Rickert, a priest. He looks so young to be a Peruvian missionary! The Alphonse Rickert mentioned is one of Joseph Sr's many brothers. (I couldn't figure out how to crop the giant irrelevant ad out, so just look for the picture of the priest in the top left-hand corner. You can zoom in with the buttons on top.)

Rev Joseph Rickert

No comments: