Friday, June 19, 2009

Another piece of the housing puzzle

On June 15, 1899, this notice appeared under "Conveyances" for June 14. It lends a little more information for what I consider the unusual circumstance of Matthew Madigan's wife and youngest daughter moving around the corner while Mary and Michael Mulcahy got the family house at 85 Luqueer St. I don't 100% understand the language used, but it seems like Johanna's father and brother sold to her half of the house at 4th place.

Interesting.

Update: On second thought, it occurs to me that what this excerpt might be trying to get across is that Michael F. Roche (Michael Roche Sr.) named his two oldest children as heirs, so they each got 1/2 of the house, and Johanna bought out Michael's share? That's a possibility, I just wish I understood what the wording of this clipping was actually trying to say.

No comments: