Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Happy Anniversary


Just hours late, in honor of what would have been Nan and Pop's 63rd anniversary, here's my favorite picture of them when they were young. I had to pull this picture off an old CD, so there should be more where this came from soon, now that I've got this CD out. It's undated, so I don't know whether it's from their courtship or their early married life, but would you just look at how happy she is! And how he looks at her!

That's a beautiful bathing suit, too. I've been looking for a pretty, stylish, one-piece suit, considering more of my free time these days goes to genealogy than to exercise (though clearly no such concerns were behind Nan's decision to wear that suit). I love how it's pretty, flattering, and feminine, yet more modest than most of what's available in the pretty and feminine department for women my age these days.

1 comment:

Greta Koehl said...

This is a fabulous photograph. Not only are the expressions priceless and natural, but the composition is fabulous - there's a real black-and-white thing going on between the bathing suit and the black-and-white strips of the nearby sunbathers.