Monday, February 2, 2009

Where to go from here. . .

I'm not sure to what degree, if at all, there are people actually reading this blog ever, and I realize that that may be in large part because I've done so little posting lately. I've reached the point in my research, I think, where it doesn't make sense anymore for me to limit posting to only what I already know and have found out and the associated records, although that still remains the ideal. I think I'll have to talk more about the process now if I want to talk about anything at all. For example, I've often held off on posting about something if I wasn't 100% sure about it, and especially if there was conflict in the records. No more. I'm going to start talking about the conflicts I run into, and it would be great to have a conversation about the inconsistencies and what we think they mean. Either leave a comment, or e-mail me at kathleen.scarlett.ohara@gmail.com. In that vein, I've added to the sidebar a list of links to websites that I've either found helpful or imagine will be helpful, once I get to them. If you get to browsing around on them, you may find information that's escaped me so far!

I do still have a couple more concrete records to show - I don't think I ever posted Michael Mulcahy's death certificate, for example - but they're few until I get past a few roadblocks. I'll be posting about the roadblocks themselves shortly.

No comments: