Saturday, April 2, 2011

Who Do You Think You Are?: Gwyneth Paltrow

Watching WDYTYA on Hulu, and I have but one question: What freakin' 1890 census were they looking at? Could they share?!

I'm sure they were looking at the 1890 Veteran's Schedule, or else they were looking at the looking at the 1892 NYS Census, which does make a fantastic substitute for the 1890 US Census. They were either approximating with phrases like "10 years earlier" and "in 1890" (?!), or just thought that mentioning that Gwyneth's ancestor was a Civil War veteran was irrelevant (?! again) - or it wasn't a census record at all. The casual reference to finding the family in 1890 really threw me!

Still, I'm loving how much time they're spending in NYC this season - that's where all my people came from!

No comments: