Saturday, January 9, 2016

Accentuate the Positives Geneameme 2015

I have not had a lot of time or money for research or writing in the past couple of years, but I thought I'd give Jill Ball's perennial Accentuate the Positives meme a shot and see if I can rustle up some things I may have managed to accomplish in the last year.

1.  Elusive ancestors I found were Patrick King and Bridget Fadden. They were elusive because they were being hidden by impostor 3x great-grandparents (in other words, I was looking at the wrong record). I'm still working on corroborating their names. 

2.  A precious family photo I found was of my 2x great-grandmother, Pasqua Occhiogrosso

4.  An important vital record I found was Mary King O'Hara's 1949 death certificate

7.   My 2014 2015 blog post that I was particularly proud of was RootsIreland and Latin Parish Registers

8.   My 2014 2015 blog post that received a large number of hits or comments was Trust but Verify; or There goes 1/16 of my family tree

10. A social media tool I enjoyed using for genealogy was Facebook. After many years of keeping my genealogical activities off of Facebook, I finally joined a couple of geographic and surname groups and have enjoyed them immensely. 

14. I taught a friend how to Find Italian vital records free online at Antenati

17. A new genealogy/history book I enjoyed was On Doing Local History by Carol Kammen

19. A geneadventure I enjoyed was exploring the newly released Irish Catholic parish records through the National Library of Ireland. 

No comments: